Apply for ration card in Mumbai-Apply for ration card in Maharashtra

May 29th, 2012| How To, In India, Maharashtra, Ration Card.

Apply for ration card in Maharashtra


To apply for ration card in Maharashtra, Rationing office in the jurisdiction is to be approached. Application in prescribed format is to be used for this purpose. District Supply Officer and the Tehsildar are the authorities to process applications at district and Tehsil levels.

For obtaining ration card in Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune in Maharashtra, the application form shall be submitted along with the copies of residence proof certificate (house rent receipt/bank passbook/electricity/telephone bill/driving licence/identity card etc). An affidavit stating that the applicant does not possess any ration card before is also to be submitted if required. If the applicant is applying for a ration card in the place to which he is transferred, he need to produce the cancellation certificate of the ration card that was issued to him previously in the old place.

For addition of child or spouse’s name in the ration card in Maharashtra, a copy of birth certificate of the child need to be submitted along with the application. To add the name of the spouse, deletion certificate of the spouse name in the previous ration card has to be submitted.

Concerned authority for issuing ration cards in Maharashtra is the Food and Civil Supply Department of Government of Maharashtra. Postal address of the department is -

Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department

Mantralaya Annexe, Mumbai – 400 032

Telephone no. 91 – 22 – 2223183


Controller of rationing office in Maharashtra is the Nodal office for issuance of ration cards. The ration card application processing is done by the District Supply Officer/Food grain Distribution Officer in district levels and Tehsildar in Tehsil.


Related search terms: