Apply for ration card in Shimla-Apply for ration card in Himachal Pradesh

May 28th, 2012| Himachal Pradesh, How To, In India, Ration Card.

Apply for ration card in Himachal Pradesh


Eligibility for applying for ration cards in Himachal Pradesh are those who have no ration cards.  An affidavit to this effect will have to be enclosed along with the application for ration card obtained from either the Panchayat Pradhan or the Inspector, FCS & CA.

Temporary ration cards are issued in Kufri, Manali, Shimla in Himachal Pradesh to migrants and the validity of the card will not be more than three months.  If the permanent ration card of a person is lost, he can obtain a duplicate card by applying for the competent authority along with prescribed fee.

New entry into the ration card like the spouse’s name after marriage can be done and deletion of names can also be done by applying to the concerned authority in Himachal Pradesh.  Name of a child can be included in the ration card by making an application along with the birth certificate of the child.

Concerned authority for issuing ration card is the Panchayat Pradhan in rural areas and Inspector FCS & CA in urban areas.  Application should be filled in Form II which is the application for ration card.  Documents to be submitted along with application for ration card are the affidavit saying that the applicant do not possess a ration card and a fee of Rs. 5 for issuance of ration card.

After receiving the application for ration card in Himachal Pradesh concerned official will give a receipt to the applicant indicating the date on which the ration card will be issued.  Normally the ration card is issued within seven days from the date of receiving the application. More information is available on the website

Related search terms: