Ayyappa deekshas end with the darshan of Makara Jyothi at Sabarimala | Tips for devotees who go for a darshan of Makara Jyothi at Sabarimala
Forty day long Ayyappa deekshas end with the darshan of Makara Jyothi at Sabarimala.Â Lakhs of people from Andhra Pradesh go to Sabarimala to have a darshan of Makara Jyothi.Â Thousands of devotees come to Sabarimala during this season. It is common to see accidents and calamities falling on the devotees in Dandakaranya and the surrounding hills.Â Â If devotees follow some steps and take the advice of help centers they can safely return from the pilgrimage.
Tips that should be followed by the devotees
- Devotees who go for the darshan of Makara Jyothi should follow the instructions of Guruswamy for a safe journey.
- Devotees should return to Pamba immediately after the darshan.
- Devotees can take utilize the services of Akhila Bharata Ayyappa Seva Sangham information centers at Ernakulam, Kottayam, Chengannur, Pandalam, Pamba and Sannidhanam.
- Along with information centers, medical camps and Annadanam are also arranged at Erumeli, Aluda, Karimala, Karimala Thodu and Periyar Avittam areas till 14th January, 2011.
- Temple at Sabarimala will be open till 19th January, 2011.Â Temple is opened at 04.00am and closes at 11.00pm.
- Polythene bags should not be used at Sabarimala.Â Cheaters and thieves come in the disguise of swami.Â Devotees should keep an eye on their belongings.Â One person should compulsorily take care of the belongings when others are taking bath in Pamba River of having the darshan of God.
- Patients who are suffering from heart diseases, blood pressure and diabetes should keep all the necessary medicines with them.
- While walking from Pamba to Sabarimala hills, devotees should take rest for some time and then continue their journey.
- Oxygen parlours and cardiac centers are available at Pamba, Neelimala, Appachimade and Sannidhanam.Â Devotees can utilize these facilities.
- Akhila Bharatha Ayyappa Seva Sangham provides services during emergencies.
- Take as less luggage as possible to Sabarimala pilgrimage.
- Devotees should not go alone and travel in a group from Pedda Padam to Sabari.Â Travelling during night time is not safe.
Important phone numbers that can be contacted in emergencies at Sabarimala
Special officer of Police department: 04735202079
Sabarimala Government hospital: 04735202101
Pamba Government hospital: 04735203318
Pamba police station: 04735203412