Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (BVSc AH) course offered by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
India is an agricultural based country and hence poultry wealth is also high. With the milk revolution, India has evidenced a break through in the field of poultry. Getting income from hens, sheep, goats and other animals is known well to rural India. Many efforts are been put in for the selection of top class breeds, artificial fertilization and animal husbandry as like industrialization. Among them, animal husbandry is important. If interested, one can do veterinary course for employment also.
Students who are doing veterinary courses at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati have bright future and are getting jobs even before completing the course.
There is much demand for veterinary courses. Five year course of Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (BVScAH) is offered at Rajendranagar- Hyderabad, Tirupati-Chittor district, Gannavaram â€“Krishna district, Produttor â€“ Kadapa district and Korutla- Kareemnagar district. Of the total 296 seats, 30 are NRI and 26 are VCI seats. As a part of this course, training will be given on veterinary science, research and its expansions.
Admissions based on EAMCET Rank
EAMCET rank will be considered while giving admissions in to B.V. Sc and AH courses conducted by Veterinary University. After the varsity notifies, EAMCET rankers have to apply for the admission in to this course. Candidates are selected based on their merit.
Subjects covered in the course
Different animals, their feeding methods, diseases, prevention, treatment and other aspects will be covered as a part of the course. Along with it, field work has to be done.
Students who have completed veterinary courses can have surplus employment opportunities in government poultry development department and in other private companies.
After B. V. Sc, one can go for M. V. Sc course. Those who have done this course can get employment as teaching staff at ICAR research institute.
For other detailsâ€¦.
Counseling for B. V. Sc (Veterinary) course may be done in the first week of August. One can contact Sri Venkateswara University at Tirupati or can call 0877- 2249220 and 99897 77373.
Other courses offered by the Sri Venkateswara universityâ€¦..
- BFSc (Bachelor of fishery sciences): this is a four year durational course and is offered at Muttukoor of Nellore district. 25 + 5 ICAR quota seats are present.
- Four year durational B. Tech Diary technology course is offered at Tirupati and Kamareddy. 50 + 5 ICAR quota seats are present.
- 91 (57 regular + 18 ICAR quota + 15 in service nominees of AH quota) seats are present in M. V. Sc course offered at Rajendranagar, Tirupati and Gannavaram Colleges.
- Two year durational M. Tech diary technology, M. Tech microbiology courses are conducted at Tirupati and there are 2 + 1 seats.
- Two year durational M. V. Sc Veterinary (Biotechnology) course is offered at Rajendranagar. One seat is available.
- Two year durational M.F.Sc (aquaculture) and fish processing tech course have 3 + 1 and ICAR 2 quota seats are present respectively at Muttokoor College, Nellore district.
- Three year durational PhD course with 23 seats are offered at Tirupati and Rajendranagar.
- Two year durational diploma in animal husbandry courses are offered at Palamaneru, Madakasira, VR Gudem, Garividi, Kareemnagar, Mahaboobnagar, Siddipet, Ravoor and Ramachadrapuram. Totally there are 185 seats in these colleges.
- Diploma in fisheries course is present only at Bhanudevarapalli College. There are 30 seats available in this course, which is of two year duration.