Courses offered by ISM and their eligibility details | 2 year and 3 year courses offered by ISM
Indian School of Mining was established in 1926 to train the graduates in the mining field. This institution is offering B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, M.Phil, PhD and other courses. In 1967, it was recognized as deemed university and it is located 260 kilometers away from Kolkata in 88 hectares of land. ISM was established in wide campus with modern facilities.
Courses offered by ISM
- B.Tech course is for 4 years and it is offered in electrical, computer science, electronics, environmental sciences, mechanical, mineral, mining, mining machinery and petroleum engineering.
- Dual degree courses are of five years and the courses offered in dual degree are mineral technology and M.Tech, mineral engineering â€“ mineral resource management, mining engineering â€“ MBA, mining engineering- M.Tech and petroleum engineering â€“ M.Tech.
- Integrated courses are offered in M.Sc technology â€“ applied zoology, applied geophysics, M.Sc in chemistry, mathematics and computing and applied physics. Admissions to the engineering are done based on IIT-JEE rank.
- MBA programs are for two years and admissions are done based on CAT marks.
- M.Tech and M.Phil admissions are done based on GATE/ NET marks and interview.
- PhD courses are offered in engineering, applied sciences and management fields. Research is also done in the above fields.
Two year courses offered by ISM
- M.Sc in chemistry is a two year program and eligibility for the course is B.Sc degree with chemistry as main subject and mathematics as extra subject and candidate should qualify B.Sc with any one subject from physics, electronics, statistics and computer sciences.
- Eligibility for M.Sc in mathematics and computing is B.Sc degree with mathematics as main subject and any two subjects from physics, chemistry, zoology, electronics, statistics and computer science.
- M.Sc in applied physics is another two year program. Eligibility requirement for M.Sc in applied sciences is B.Sc degree with physics as main subject and mathematics as another subject. Other subject may be chemistry/ zoology/ electronics/ statistics/ computer sciences.
Three year courses offered by ISM
- M.Sc technology in applied geophysics and eligibility is B.Sc degree with physics as main subject and mathematics as another subject. Other subject can be any subject from chemistry/ biology/ geography/ electronics/ statistics/ computer sciences.
- M.Sc technology in applied zoology is also offered and B.Sc degree with zoology as main subject and any other two subjects may be mathematics, chemistry, physics, statistics and computer sciences.
Candidates who want to apply for the courses offered in ISM should be born before October 1st, 1987. M.Sc and M.Sc technology courses are offered based on written exam. Applications are available online and last date for the applications is March 9th, 2011. Written exam date is May 15th, 2011. Hyderabad is the examination center in Andhra Pradesh. Address for sending the applications is Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad -826004, Jharkhand. For more information, applicants can log onto www. ismdhabad.ac.in