General tips for BITSAT aspirants and important dates related to BITSAT 2011
- Syllabus will be according to the standards of NCERT.
- Select standard books for reference. Donâ€™t study more than one book on a single topic.
- Generally, BITSAT questions will be memory based ones. One should have knowledge of formulas.
- Speed and accuracy play an important role because it is a computer based test. Practice is the only mantra to achieve it.
- It is beneficial to take up practice tests of specific time frame. But it is not good to start practice tests even before the completion of syllabus.
- One has to keep the target of scoring 300 marks, then only they can attempt 100 questions correctly. Keeping negative marking in view, one has to get ready for answering 120 answers.
- One can expect seat in BITS campus only when he or she scores at least 250 marks. In order to enter in to Pilani campus, one has to get 300 marks.
Important dates for BITSAT 2011
Last date for the receipt of applications is 31st January 2011. Announcement of test centers allocation is on 15th February 2011. Facility to reserve test dates is provided between 18th February and 10th March 2011. Hall tickets can be downloaded from 15th April to 30th June 2011. BITSAT online tests will be conducted from 11th May to 10th June 2011. Candidates list will be released on 1st July 2011. Test centers in Andhra Pradesh are Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and BITS Hyderabad campus. Online portal for more details is www. Bitsadmissions.com