GPAT exam and its importance in the pharmacy courses | Nature of GPAT exam and eligibility criteria | Model questions in GPAT

GPAT exam and its importance in the pharmacy courses | Nature of GPAT exam and eligibility criteria | Model questions in GPAT

GPAT exam is going to be conducted by the MS university of Baroda in 2011 and there are changes in the syllabus of GPAT examination. Details and complete information will be available in the GPAT website. GPAT score is having 70% weightage in the selection of students for scholarships. Remaining 30% of the weightage is given for interview/ record. GPAT score is considered as eligibility in many organizations which are not offering scholarships. Score cards are given for all the students who write the GPAT exam. Score will be considered for the admissions which are done without scholarships. Candidates who did M.Pharm can do PhD without considering the GPAT. GPAT score is applicable for one year.

Nature of the GPAT exam

GPAT paper will be done in pencil method and there will be only one paper. Duration of the paper is 3 hours. There will be 150 questions in total and each question carries 3 marks. Questions will be objective type and every wrong answer is deducted one mark. Questions will be based on the formulae, basics in pharmacy, aptitude and other topics.

Eligibility and application process for GPAT

Candidates who are having B.Pharmacy degree and final year candidates can also apply for the exam. Candidates should apply only through online. GPAT is conducted in Guntur, Khammam, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Warangal centers.

  • Online application process will be started from January 17th, 2011
  • Last date for the online applications is February 21st, 2011
  • Last date for the submission of application printout, fee challan and other documents is February 28th, 2011
  • GPAT 2011 will be conducted on May 8th, 2011
  • GPAT Results will be released on May 31st, 2011

Model questions in GPAT

1.      Drugs in suspension and semi-solid formulations always degrade by

a)      First order kinetics

b)      Zero order kinetics

c)      Second order kinetics

d)      Non- linear kinetics

2.      Determine the correction or otherwise of the following assertion (a) and the reason (r).

Assertion: For a fully developed laminar flow in a circular pipe, average velocity is one half of the maximum velocity.

Reason: The velocity for a fully developed laminar flow in a circular pipe varies linearly in the radical direction

a)      Both (a) and (r) are true and (r) is the correct reason for (a)

b)      Both (a) and (r) are true and (r) is the not correct reason for (a)

c)      Both (a) and (r)  are false

d)      (a) is true but (r) is false

Related search terms:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *