Important information about BINC exam and application procedure for BINC exam | Process of BINC examination and advantages of BINC certification
- Students who are studying graduation or post graduation in science, technology, pharmacy, engineering, agriculture, veterinary science and medicine are eligible for the exam. Final year students are also eligible for the exam.
- The online applications are available from December 13th, 2010.
- Last date for the applications is February 3rd, 2011.
- Admission cards for the exam are given from February 12th, 2011.
- The exam dates of BINC exam are 26th and 27th of February, 2011.
- Results are given on March 27th, 2011.
- Examination centers for BINC exam are Pune, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Shillong and Hyderabad.
- For more information, visit: http:// binc.scisjnu.ernet.in
Applications are available only in online:
The application process should be completed online to attend the BINC exam and the following steps should be followed by the students for online application.
- Open the BINC website first.
- By clicking on apply option, we can get the online application form.
- Fill in the details inÂ the displayed application and take the print out.
- The DD of specified fee for the exam, caste certificates and Xerox of other certificates which are required should be sent before the specified date.
- Fee DD should be taken on the name of â€˜Finance Officer, Jawaharlal Nehru Universityâ€™ and this DD should be applicable in Delhi.
- The exam fee for general category students is Rs.600 and fee for reserved category students is Rs.450.
- E-Mail Id should be there for the online application.
Advantages of BINC examination:
- Preferences are given for the BINC certified people in the job recruitments.
- Candidates who are qualified are recognized as DBT certified bio-informaticians.
- Candidates doing their PhD in various fields can also apply for the BINC exam.
- People who work in bio-informatics field can also apply for the certification.
- Experience is not required to attend the BINC exam.
Process of BINC examination:
Candidates should show their talent in the three papers which are held in the BINC examination. Paper 1 will be in objective type and paper 2 will be short answer type. Paper 3 is completely filled with practicals. Paper 1 is conducted as the eligibility test and if the candidates get a minimum of 40% marks only, they are allowed to attend the paper 2 and paper 3. In this process, results of paper 1 are declared on the same day. The main points to be remembered in paper 1 are that it will be in objective type and there is negative marking. Every wrong answer is cut with 1/4th of a mark. Candidates will get the certification onlyÂ when they get a minimum of 40% marks in paper 2 and paper 3.
|Paper 1||100||100||2 hours|
|Paper 2||20||200||3 hours|
|Paper 3||1||100||2 hours|