Income sources of IPL

Income sources of IPL

Team sponsorship: Rs.20 crores

-          Each team will have a sponsor and a co sponsor.

-          These sponsors can advertise their logos on the shirts, bats and other playing materials of the players.

-          The sponsors can conduct the games for the advertisements and other commercial things on making the players as the base.

-          As for the convenience of the sponsors, each player will be available for 4 to 5 days in the franchise.

Gate ticket (15 crores): the franchises can sell around 50% of the seats and each franchise had the facility to play seven games on their motherland.

Advertisements inside the stadium (5 crores): the income through the boards that are there around the boundary.

Clothing and others (2-5 crores): making and sale of the t-shirts, caps and other products by making an agreement with the Reebok like companies.

Agreements with Media (1 crore): the agreements of the TV channels with thee realty shows, talent search of the cricketers, and selection of the cheerleaders.

The income that is secured from the set max that is around 8200 crores is distributed in between the franchises.

For the first three years, 20% of the income is for the BCCI and the remaining is for the franchises.

30% for BCCI and 705 for franchises in the next 4-5 years

BCCI is around 40% and the remaining 60% is for franchises for the next 6-10 years.

The income that is begot by the IPL central sponsors is 135 crores is 60%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *