JMET for admission in to management courses offered by IIT institutes | JMET is going to be conducted on 12th December, 2010
Management courses offered by prestigious IITs are the most popular after the IIM courses. Joint Management Entrance Test, JMET is conducted every for admitting students in to these institutes.
- These courses are presently offered by IIT-Mumbai, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Madras, IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Roorkee.Â JMET is only a qualifying exam.
- Candidates will have to apply for the Institute they are planning to join depending on the entrance score of JMET.
- JMET pattern is different from other management entrance tests. 120 questions have to be answered in 180 minutes.Â Each question has to be answered in 1 Â½ minute.
- Negative marking and cutoff marks for each section will be announced before conducting the exam.
- Verbal communication, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning are the sections in which questions will be asked.Â Nearly 8 â€“ 10 thousand candidates qualify in this entrance test.
- Seat is not guaranteed for all the qualified candidates.Â Candidates have to get a rand below 2,500 to secure a seat in IIT.
- There is still 25 days time for JMET.
- Candidates have to complete the preparation of each section and give importance to write as many mock tests as possible.
Sections in which more marks can be scored, by concentrating more in preparation â€“
- Quantitative Aptitude:Â Application based questions in Probability and Statistics.
- Data Interpretation: Typical questions in Deduction section.
- Verbal Communication: Basic Grammar, Vocabulary questions and Reading Comprehension passages are to be practiced as many as possible.