Journey to Sabarimala is a spiritual and adventurous trip | Chinna padam and Pedda padam are the key points in journey to Sabarimala.
There are many interesting places along the course of journey to Sabarimala, the abode of Lord Ayyappa.Â The journey is like an adventurous trip with devotees travellin
g through forests, hills, low lying areas, back waters etc.Â Devotees generally visit other places in their return journey.Â Devotees from Andhra Pradesh travel through 4 states to reach Sabarimala.Â The four states are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Devotees reach Hyderabad â€“ Kurnool â€“ Anantapur â€“ Chickballapur â€“ Bangalore â€“ Krishnagiri â€“ Dharmapuri â€“ Coimbatore â€“ Palakkad â€“ Thrissur â€“ Ernakulam â€“ Kottayam.
- Distance between Kottayam and Sabarimala via Erumeli and Pamba is 136kms by walk.
- Another route to Sabarimala from Kottayam is via Manimala which is only 116kms.
- Pedda padam starts at Erumeli and the distance to Sabarimala from here via Kaalaketiâ€“ Azhutha â€“ Inchippara â€“ Karimalai â€“ pampa is 45kms by walk.
- Every year on the occasion of beginning of Vana Yatra, elephants are left to make way.Â Vana yatra begins from Erumeli â€“ Kotapette.Â Pungavanam of Lord Ayyappa starts from there.Â Devotees can take rest in a place which is 3kms from Erimelu.
- Kaalaketi is at a distance of 13kms from here.
- Holy River Azhutha is located at a distance of 3kms from Kaalaketi.
- Karivalam Thodu is the next destination.Â This is on a steep hill.Â Climbing 10kms will take the devotees to Karimala ucchi.Â Devotees have to be very careful while climbing down from here.
- Next comes Periyanavattam crossing which takes the devotees to Pamba or Pampa River.Â Vehicles are allowed till this place.Â From here devotees have to go on foot.Â Devotees will have to climb steep Neelamala hills to reach Sabarimala.Â The distance will be 5 to 6kms.
Pedda padam and chinna padam are important in Sabarimala journey.Â Transport facilities are available to reach this place.Â Devotees start their vana yatra from this point.Â Journey from Pampa River is called Chinna paadam.Â Devotees walk for more than 5kms from here to reach Sabarimala. Other route starts from Erumeli.Â This is called Pedda padam.Â Devotees go on their foot in this route.Â Distance to be covered is 52kms.Â Journey begins with playing of â€˜Peta tulliâ€™.
Return journey to Hyderabad
Devotees from Andhra Pradesh return back to Hyderabad via Tiruvanantapuram, Kanyakumari, Dhanushkoti, Madurai, Tiruchurapalli, Chidambakam, Vellore, Chittoor, Tirupati, Srisailam and Nagarjuna sagar.
Many elephants in Sabarimala forests are dying every year because of plastic covers used by the devotees.Â Elephants are eating these covers and are dying.Â So devotees should not take any plastic covers with them.Â And they should throw the water bottles in dust bins.
Related search terms:
- sabarimala pedda padam distance
- pedda padam distance
- sabarimala chinna padam distance
- ayyappa pedda padam distance
- sabarimala chinna padam
- sabarimala pedda padam
- sabarimala vanayatra
- ayyappa vanayatra
- pedda padam
- sabarimala peddapadam route
- pedda padam sabarimala
- www sabarimala com
- sabarimala images
- sabarimala forest