Notification released by Manipal Medical college online entrance test | Analysis of online entrance test question paper, campus description of Manipal medical college
Manipal Medical College is the first private medical college in India.Â Kasturba Medical College belonging to this college is in two campuses.Â One is at Manipal and other is at Mangalore.
- Manipal medical college is the only institution that is conducting online medical entrance for the last three years.
- Education system in this college is such that it helps those who want to take up Medical profession in countries like America and Britain.
- Though fees are a bit higher, all the modern facilities are available.
Notification has been released for various courses like MBBS offered by Manipal group.Â Online entrance tests meant for admitting students in to MBBS, BDS, BE, BPharmacy, Pharma-D courses will be conducted from 1st April, 2011 to 22nd May, 2011.Â Cost of application is Rs.500.Â Entrance fess is Rs.1,000. Filled in applications are to be sent before 15th March, 2011.
Website: www. manipal.edu
Email: admissions @ manipal.edu
Analysis of question paper
- Online entrance test of Manipal group will have 240 question papers.Â All are multiple choice questions.Â Question paper will appear on screen.Â System is candidate friendly.
- 80 questions from Biology, 60 questions from Physics, 60 from Chemistry and 40 questions from English will be asked in the entrance test.Â Exam duration is 2Â Â½Â hours.Â Though number of questions is more, there is no complaint till now from the candidates about insufficient time.
- Question paper carries 240 questions for 240 marks.Â All that candidates who secure more than 155 marks could get a seat.
- 5% seats are free seats.Â That is no tuition fess is collected from the candidates who secured these free seats.Â Those candidates who got ranks below 200 could secure free seats.
- Intermediate board of Andhra Pradesh syllabus can be followed for Physics and Chemistry questions.Â Pre university course of Karnataka syllabus should be followed for Biology.Â Ren Martin book is recommended for English grammar.Â Synonyms and antonyms are also important.
- Physics section will have equal number of problem and theory questions.Â There would be 30 problems.Â 20 problems will be direct substitution oriented problems.
- Chemistry questions will be based on theory.Â Problem questions in chemistry will also be simple.
- Biology section will also contain simple questions.Â Some questions are direct questions and some need subject knowledge.
Good study Environment at Manipal Campus
Study environment at Manipal Campus is good. Professors will be available for the students from 08.00am to 05.00pm.Â Students can clarify their doubts in the subjects.Â Importance is given to self learning.Â Alternative Saturday is dedicated to problem based learning period.Â A problem willÂ be give to students on which they have to self diagnose and all the procedure followed to come for the conclusions have to be discussed in problem based learning period.Â Professors correct the mistakes of the students if any.Â State meets are organized where students from one state can meet the other students of that state.Â There is a library especially for health sciences.Â Students of dental and nursing courses can use this library.Â Latest editions are available in the library.Â Class schedule is given one week before.Â If any class could not be taken, special classes will be taken to complete the classes.Â Learning process is very good at Manipal campus. Indian and foreign students are seen in the campus.Â Teacher mentors are available in this campus.Â Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant professor act as teacher mentors.Â 10 students are attached to each mentor.Â These mentors keep in touch with the parents of the students attached.Â Parents can contact the mentors through online.Â Hostels also have good facilities.Â Campus and learning methods are also good at Manipal College.