Rank in ICET 2010 based on expected marks | Cut-off ranks and marks of ICET
ICET has been conducted for the year 2010, which provides admissions into MBA and MCA. More than one and half lakhs candidates have appeared for this entrance test. Last year, more numbers of students have competed for MBA seats than for MCA seats. With the improvement of placements in IT field this year, increase in the competition for MCA seats is expected. Candidates will have some idea on their ICET marks. One should be aware of the rank depending on their expected marks and seats based on their expected ranks.
There is no change in the ICET question paper model this year. Ten to twenty percent of the questions in reasoning division are tougher. Questions from mathematical ability and communication ability divisions are in the same level when compared to that of last year ICET question paper.
Analytical ability: Half the numbers of questions on data sufficiency are tougher. More questions are based on number system. An average student can score 8 to 10 marks and meritorious students can score 12 to 14 marks in this division.
- Five to six questions from number system, letter series and analysis are tougher. A score of 9 to 12 marks in this category can be treated as good one.
- Many students have shocked seeing the coding and decoding questions. Since there are two sets of questions given for 10 marks, rather than common model questions of 28-2r or r+5, candidates took more amount of time for solving these questions.
- Meritorious students can score 50 to 55 and average students can score 40 to 45 marks in the analytical division.
- Common question of this category, like percentages, proportions are not asked in this year. Though there are 11 questions from areas and mensuration, half of them are easy. Of the 35 questions in the arithmetic divisions, 20 to 25 marks can be scored easily.
- In this division, 50 to 57 marks are considered as good score and 42 to 48 marks are considered as average score.
Communication ability: Level of questions in this division is same as that of last year. Questions on synonyms are a bit difficult.Â 150, 160 and 200 words are present in the three reading comprehension passages respectively. Except for one or two, questions are easy in this division.
- Meritorious students can score 32 to 35 marks in this division while average students can get 25 to 28 marks.
- On an average, 50 to 55 marks in analytical ability, 50 to 57 marks in mathematical ability and 32 to 35 marks in communication ability, the total score would be around 140 to 145 marks. With this score, one can get a seat for MCA or MBA in a good college.
For more information on cut-off marks for MBA and MCA seats in different government and private colleges of ICET 2009, visit www.eenadu.net. Lists of colleges participated in the counseling last year are also made available.
Trend of marks and ranks scored by the candidates in ICET 2009 are as follows. Question paper is almost in the same level as that of last year, while the competition has reduced in comparison with last year. So, there is a chance to get better rank for the same marks of last year.