Regions selected for stations of Hyderabad Metro Rail Project | Commercial activities will be allowed only in the following stations of Hyderabad Metro Rail Project
Officials have prepared plans to bring commercial activities in the metro railway station regions. Commercial activities will be allowed only in 25 places. But there is no clarity in these 25 places, still. Details about the commercial complexes, their activities, their availability to the public are still to be known.
Commercial complexes in government places
Commercial constructions that are intended to serve peopleâ€™s needs, will be in connection with the metro railway stations. It has been decided that the construction of commercial complexes should be allowed only in government lands. Number of floors of commercial complexes will be depending on the rules and regulations given by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. More precautionary measures are going to be taken up in order to prevent the road accidents caused due to barricades, which are intended to conduct soil fertility tests. Strict rules are being laid to control traffic, since the constructions tasks are going to be initiated soon. By now itself, strategies have been evolved.
Following are the commercial regions
Though there would be 66 stations in the three lines combined, commercial complexes will be allowed only at 25 stations. It has been confirmed in the agreement too. 57 acres are going to be utilized for commercial activities. Cellars will be used for parking. Commercial activities are going to be allowed based on the height at which those constructions are taken up. Commercial complexes to be set up in these metro railway stations are designed in such a manner that they cater the needs of people of all levels. These commercial constructions would be in between three to ten floors, according to GHMC rules. Biggest station among the selected ones is of eight acres of place, while the smallest region allotted for commercial activities is 0.75 acres. Following are the details of places at which commercial activities are allowed.
Recognized commercial regions
- Erramanzil â€“ Open space present in front of R & B office
- Nampally â€“ MRO office and School
- Osmania Medical College â€“ Open space in the south region of Koti Womenâ€™s College
- Dilsukhnagar â€“ Bus Depot
- Jubilee Bus Station â€“ Open space present at the corner of Secunderabad club
- Parade Ground â€“ Greater Secunderabad Division Office
- Narayanaguda â€“ Police Quarters
- Sultan bazaar â€“ Open space in the west region of Koti Womenâ€™s College
- Secunderabad â€“ Police quarters at Keyes School region
- Malakpet â€“ 0.75 acres of open space in greater parking region
- 1.25 acres in Ameerpet â€“ Challis Makan
- 1.5 acres in LB Nagar â€“ open space in front of indoor stadium
- Shilparamam â€“ open space
- Balanagar â€“ HMDA Truck Terminal
- Hi Tech City â€“ open space at NIFT, ATDC
- Paradise â€“ PG College
- 2.5 acres in Tarnaka â€“ A part in Osmania University region
Places which are have three acres of space are: Punjagutta (government quarters in Srinagar Colony Road), ESI Hospital (Mental hospital), Erramanzil (Erramanzil government quarters), Moosarambagh (Malakpet government quarters), Falaknama (open space â€“ terminal land) and Nagole ( Nagole terminal land).
Miyapur open space â€“ terminal station, in Miyapur is of five acres space. Osmania University in Habsiguda is of eight acres of space.