RRB Posts for engineering candidates and Diploma in engineering candidates | Indian Railway jobs

RRB Posts for engineering candidates and Diploma in engineering candidates | Indian Railway jobs

RRB Posts for Diploma in engineering candidates –

Various posts in Junior Engineer department are filled with candidates having Diploma/Polytechnic qualification. Diploma holders are eligible for ITI qualification jobs also.

§  Posts: Junior Engineer-Welder/Peeway/Works/Bridge/Design/Civil/Mechanical/Fitter. Scale of pay is Rs.9,300 – 34,800 and Grade pay Rs.4,200.  Age limit is 18-33 years. Selection is made through a single stage written exam.

RRB Posts offered for engineering candidates –

Section engineer is the post that is recruited directly by Railways.  As the Sixth pay commission recommendations are being implemented, a section engineer can get a monthly salary of Rs. 25,000 including all allowances.

  • Posts: Section Engineer – P way/works/bridge/civil/chemical/automobile/mechanical/ electronics/welder/loco/diesel/fitter.  Age limit is 20-35 years.  Age is relaxed for SC, ST, PD, OBC candidates. A pass in BE/BTech in related branch is the qualification for applying to these posts.  A single stage written exam in conducted for selecting the candidates.

Witten exam: Though the syllabus is not clearly mentioned questions may be from technical and non-technical topics.  70% of questions may be expected from technical topics and the remaining 30% from non-technical.  Technical branch questions will be from the related branch of BE/BTech. Non-technical questions may be from general knowledge, Arithmetic and reasoning.  All the questions will be in multiple choice methods.  Negative marking is also given for wrong answers.

Earlier candidates who studied ITI were given a chance to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot job.  But now diploma holders as well as BE/BTech candidates can also apply for this post.

Get updates instantly regarding RRB Posts. Enter your email address: 

One thought on “RRB Posts for engineering candidates and Diploma in engineering candidates | Indian Railway jobs”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *